Originally Posted by Gobl4me
Thanks YouTube/social media. Pimping public turkey hunting for likes and $ has consequences. Goes like this.....More hunters. More non resident hunters. More regulations. Fewer gobblers. Earlier alarm clocks. More permit draws. Higher licenses $. Later seasons. Lower limits. 1 turkey in first week of season. Etc etc.

Ask any real turkey hunter if they’ve heard any turkeys......answer will be NO. They sure as hell don’t put it on YouTube for a hundred thousand people to watch and attempt to mimic. Alabama has been pimped harder than anywhere and it’s only going to get worst. Quit giving them views/likes and maybe they will go back to their parents basement.
Two words: filming permit.

As far as I see it, these youtube channels are using a public resource to make money. That's not how it should be. I have to admit I do like watching the youtube hunters, but they are all getting a "free lunch" right now in terms of the ability to film and distribute it and to make a living (or part of a living) off of a publicly funded and managed resource. Make it illegal to film with the intent to distribute and make money without a valid permit, and make the permit a grand or so. Problem solved. There's only one place these videos are being uploaded, so checking for a permit either before or after the fact should be easy peasy.