Originally Posted by Mdees
Just a thought that I’ll add about gun seasons: in many areas of the state, feral hogs are a huge problem and also make for quality game. It’s hard enough to put a hammer on them as opportunities arise with a rifle but bow-only makes it nearly impossible. Where I hunt I am as likely to see hogs as I am deer. I don’t shoot most of the deer I see although I think my neighbors do. I do, however, shoot every hog I can get crosshairs on from 50-300yards or more. In fact it’s how I fill my freezer most seasons.
The issue is not the length of seasons or weapons used. It is almost entirely a matter of trigger restraint on the part of individual hunters. I’ll shoot one or two does some years, other seasons none, wether I’m seeing does or not. I enjoy the flexibility of a long doe season to take only the older does when I get a crack at them. Other hunters seem to take that one doe a day rule as a personal challenge.

Some valid points, a lot of people do shoot a lot of does, it is just ..... I'm with you, I like a long season on them so I can pick and choose what doe(s) I want to take out, why take out a small yearling doe when there are old does that are turning grey. I just don't want us hunters to get into the legislate each other so we can have it to hunt the "preferred" way. The bow hunters want to legislate the gun hunters, the gun hunters want more freedom into February in the southern part of the state, the northern part wants it closed in early January because they are tired of hunting, and the rut is over so why hunt. You want to see what happens when there is no government regulation, go back and look at pictures of the buffalo, the vast swaths of ducks killed, etc. We all don't want that!!!!! The problem is we have to stay together, look at what happened to the hunters that enjoyed running deer with dogs, they are almost extinct compared to the 50's - 80's. It is only taken about 20 something years to phase them out. Now, bow hunters are trying to phase out the gun hunters. You people might as well be on the Biden/Harris/Democratic chain smoking pipe!

“If you do not conquer self, you will be conquered by self.” Napoleon Hill
The most difficult thing to understand during conversation is silence. Thoreau