Just be prepared to bite your lip and go to another spot at times. I have several, and I mean several spots. Plan for plan A,B,C, and so forth. It really is not worth a turkey for somebody to get shot or shot at. I have had times where people cut me off. It happens, generally, you can avoid situations like that. As in, don't hunt public land.

But as stated, The Golden Rule. If someone beats you to a spot, get there earlier the next day or come back later after they leave. Many management areas in Alabama close at 1:00. Some of the best hunting on public ground can be from 10:00am-1:00pm. Florida finally allowed hunting all day on some public land. I know there are pros and cons to this, but it allows me to get some hunting in later in the day either after work or during bad weather days. What I have found through the years hunting public land is most folks won't hang with them. They get frustrated and leave too early or hunt the first two weeks of the season and slack off(which I am selfishly thankful for). Outlaws are going to be outlaws no matter what law is passed.

I try to get a lot of scouting in from year-to-year. Get your boots on the ground and put your time in, use the golden rule, and be patient.

"Your woodsmanship value and qualities are ten times more important than the actual calling ability."-Preston Pittman