Ran a bucket of 223 thru this weekend. Decapped it all saturday, washed it/dried it and then ran it back thru yesterday to size and trim before it got a needle bath. I have NEVER stuck a case in my Dillon 223 trimmer/sizer die in the past. I stuck at least 6 cases this time. ALL were "ppu 16" headstamps. It really didnt seem like I was putting a lot of force into sizing, but 223 has a very small case "rim" for the shell plate to grab so they pull off. Got so bad that when I felt the least resistance I would stop and remove that case, you guessed it every one was "ppu 16". They didnt look to have a bulge in them, but were extremely tough to size. I run an RCBS carbide sizer in front of the dillon sizer/trim die that does a good bit of the work, but you have to actually be sizing in the trimmer so it will hold the case tight enough for it to cut smoothly.. Anyone else ran into this before? I am certain that I ran some of the "ppu 16" thru without issue but probably pulled 50 out when they felt tight. I used the same lube regime I always have, Hornady one shot sprayed on in batches and let rest for a few minutes before it cycles thru. I have probably only stuck 2 or 3 cases over the years before these and they were all my fault for trying to size something with minimal lube. Good news is, I shouldnt have to size any 223 for a long time. I have a couple buckets full that is ready to load, going to go load a little bit of that this afternoon.

Jason