Last two weeks a friend and I have seen duck numbers go up significantly in our area. He has a farm, two ponds he plants corn & millet and floods. Got cell cams out in the ponds that alert him when duck are in there. He has been getting slammed with pics of everything from gadwalls, redheads, mallards, ring necks ect. For the whole 60 day season, they killed less than 50 ducks and that is way off on normal year.

I pass farm ponds on the way to & from work daily and they are not far off Neely Henry. Last week there was one that looked to have 150 ring necks in it. I hit the breaks so hard I nearly caused a pile up just to see them. Fast forward to this week on Monday. Another pond on the way home was slam full with 100+ red heads and other ducks mixed in. Used cell phone to zoom in to see what they were.

Since there was so many good discussions Outdoor Life article I did not want to hijack.

So, what say you? Are these ducks just now getting here or is this reverse migration? I will say this, for the last 8-10 years, I have seen redheads and other ducks on the river in good flocks starting mid February thru March.