Originally Posted by N2TRKYS
Originally Posted by 3% outdoorsman
Originally Posted by N2TRKYS
I use a full length sizing die and bump the shoulders back 0.002”. Worrying about runout is a waste of time.

Not worrying about run out just happens that's there's a easy way to neck size that produces zero run out. no chasing needed

It doesn’t matter is why I don’t worry about it.

Are you saying it doesn’t matter, because if the chamber is cut true, it will self align a bullet that may have runout? Or do you mean you use the lee collet dies? I used to test and adjust my hand loads for runout on a hornady runout tool, and I stopped doing it once I was confident in my die setups, and below a certain runout, you can’t really tell if it’s doing any good. I’m a self taught handloader, I didn’t have a mentor. So I’m always trying to learn and try new ideas. I’ve watched and read so many opinions, and tried different things. But I’m still learning. The technology available to the home reloader is amazing. Like someone posted earlier, Its obvious most runout is from the mandrel being run through the neck. I’ve done some without the mandrel installed. This is where these good Forster dies come into play, to get your good neck tension. And let’s face it, there are some bullets that just aren’t any good for precision shooting.