One of our favorite places to eat. This week one of our friends, Bettina, had her birthday and they also sold their house in Chattanooga this week rendering them debt free with a nice chunk of money to invest. So we decided to take them out to dinner. This place never disappoints, always good food, good beer selection and great service by people who care about making good food mostly from scratch.

Skip had the Burger with: angus beef, hickory bacon, house made pimento cheese, candied jalapenos, and crispy onion straws served with fried green tomatoes. I think he told them to skip the pimento cheese and the candied jalapenos, which ruined it in my opinion, but he's weird like that. Even though he never cooks, other than grilling a steak, he always thinks he knows better how something should be served than the chef does, and he always makes it worse. My Dad is the same way. You don't tell Frank Stitt how you want your dinner cooked.

[Linked Image]

Bettina had the Cheese Steak sandwich with fried green tomatoes on the side. I was going to order this, but when I saw that she was going to get it I ordered something else.

[Linked Image]

Mrs. Irish had the Thai Chicken Curry. I wouldn't normally order such an ethnic dish unless I was at said ethnic restaurant, but she really liked it.

[Linked Image]

I hadn't had a good lobster roll in a long time so I ordered that and I was not disappointed. It was very good. I don't know how I could have driven to Maine and it been any better. I had it with the house slaw and house made sweet potato chips. I had to stab Mrs. Irish in the hand for stealing them off my plate...

[Linked Image]

Last edited by Irishguy; 01/23/21 08:44 AM.