I think it has always been over looked. When I was real young, seemed that everyone had a .243, .270, .308, or a .30-06. People just didn’t seem to have any love for it. As I got older, everyone was looking to burn powder with 7mm mag or .300 Weatherby mag. Maybe now that I am definitely no longer in my prime, it seems that manufactures have gotten a little smarter about the cartridges that are being brought to market in the terms of BC and efficiency. Only problem is that they really and truly aren’t bringing anything that doesn’t closely perform like something that is already out there. That is if we are truly being honest! Don’t get me wrong, I love the new stuff! I think options are great and I love new stuff to get excited about. But what is the staying power of these cartridges??? I have a .338 Federal that I love! Great cartridge performance but it is probably on its last breath with I believe only savage being one of the last big companies to produce rifles in that caliber.

So the Bob has made it this long. There is something to be said for that at least!

Hunting brings out the worst in people.