Originally Posted by strikeu
you want to know how "good" a southern baptist church is doing? ask the treasurer. don't ask the congregation about what the church is doing for the community, don't ask the deacons what they're doing for the single moms with no father figure, don't ask what the food bank status is...ask what's in the bank. what can we buy? what can we spend money on? How much can we add on to this place? we need a larger parking lot so we can park more cars in here. OH and don't forget to bring your $$ on sunday, the pastor will tell you what you want to hear for $25. what a crock of crap.
I am a Christian who loves Jesus with all he has. And I just wanted to let you know that I aint a fan of all that mess that turned you against God either. That stuff isn’t Biblical and it doesn’t reflect the heart and will of Christ Jesus whatsoever. There ARE churches out there who’s actions and priorities reflect what you rightly longed to see from the church back then though. I’m a part of one of them and God used it to forever change my life (along with the lives of thousands of others). I would love to talk to you about it if you were ever interested. You will get no judgment or hatred from me. I would only hope that I could befriend you as Jesus befriended every soul he encountered (other than the Pharisees which were probably eerily familiar to those southern Baptists that affected you so badly). God bless you sir.

Last edited by JUGHEAD; 01/20/21 12:29 AM.

"The only reason I shoot a 3.5" shell for turkeys is because they don't make a 4" one." - t123winters