I know mcninja already posted my picture but I figured I'd make a little post about the hunt. I know some people still have hunts coming up there so maybe this will help some.

Overall I had a great week. It was a fun hunt, and they did a good job with how it was ran. It seems like the hunts are working for thinning the herd, because only 3 deer were killed this last week. I saw one deer the entire week while hunting. Now, that one deer is now in my cooler, but was still crazy to me. The way they talk about it, you'd think deer are behind every tree out there. Seems like most of the other guys hunting experienced the same thing (other than the dudes in the zone with the golf course and houses, they saw tons of deer). I took a guest with me, he hunted closer to the sewer plant/Wildlife center and saw more deer but didn't get a shot on any.

I had scouted the spot the Friday before the hunt. I found really fresh scrapes all down the ridge and thick young pines on the top. Seemed like it would be good bedding, so I figured it'd be my first morning hunt. Got set up early, and sure enough right around 7 this buck came walking straight out of the pines. He was heading away from me, I grunted, he turned 180 and came right at me ready to beat someone up. He had battle wounds all over him, and a couple fresh cuts/stab wounds rofl I hunted the same spot two mornings later and the scrape was way bigger and there were new rubs all around it. I would have loved to see the buck that was beating him up grin

Other than a tiny little 4pt, this was my first buck. Was cool to take it with my bow. Going to do a skull mount myself I think.

My two year old wanted to hold the head and kept asking when we were going to eat the reindeer.

[Linked Image]