Originally Posted by cartervj
Originally Posted by Drake322
Brother, I am there with you. This is not the only year of near zero ducks at our holes. I tell you how bad it is for me, I have not even bought a federal stamp! All of the guys I have talked with whether they be pond, swamp, river or flooded food hunters they all say the same thing. IT SUX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I said it in an earlier thread this year. Season dates for the South need to be moved. Change my mind......................................

One area that is pounding ducks? Atlantic coast up North. Been seeing a lot of pics of hunts (based off FB pages).

You can have it open all year long and it won't matter, the ain't coming all the way now. There is generations of ducks now that have no clue their ancestors once made it this far.

The do not come here by th droves as used to, but if they do visit, there is absolutely no rest for them. Just a few years ago there was actual places where they could loaf and not be harassed. No longer is that the case, literally run around and around.

I agree 100%, there is no rest for them. When we used to swamp hunt a lot, we would hop around and no wear out one place. Killed a lot of good straps like that. Pond hunting too. Jump from farm to farm. There is one farm I have hunted since 1990. Has 5 ponds on it with a big 9 ac one on 550 ac. We put corn out on very back pond and 95% of the time never hunted it, just let them eat and rest. Chit load of ducks, all kinds. Fast forward 20 years, decline in birds even with corn out. Bad deal for guys with 10 yo sons that are eat up & love it trying to get them to some birds. Last two years nearly nothing on that farm and it is 5 minutes from Guntersville water too.

When we first started hunting it, we killed all types from blacks, bull sprigs, readheads, shovelers and of course mallards. Used to have ring necks come in 20-50 in a group. To my knowledge, there has not been a ring neck seen while hunting in 5+ years. Staple now is the gadwall. Just like wood ducks, get boring real quick.

Chit changes and I don't like it. I guess if I am to kill some ducks, I need to move to Missouri, the Dakotas or Oklahoma...........