Originally Posted by Stoney
I have seen more mature Toms during deer season than ever before. Our property is covered with them. Great number of hens also. Coosa County. We don't need to change rules this year. Wait at least one more year to see if this year is reproduced. Again, more turkeys than I have seen in 11 yrs.

Write or call your CAB rep and tell him that, or what we have in Alabama is gonna be lost forever. Everyone who agrees with this needs to do it now. I've been told that they don't get many letters, and the few they do get can make a difference.

One of the ironies of this great hatch is that the 2 primary Facebook biologists sent out a letter early in last turkey season warning that due to Covid there were so many turkeys being killed that it was going to have disastrous effects on turkey reproduction. Instead, it appears to me that we had the best hatch of my lifetime. Despite that, I believe that they are still planning to push through the draconian restrictions, because, science and all.

I know a lot of folks don't like the idea of the CAB having authority, but right now they are our only hope of preserving turkey hunting. And ultimately, turkey hunting is the only hope of preserving turkeys.

All the labor of man is for his mouth, and yet the appetite is not filled.