I'll start.

Other than a below average Thanksgiving opener at my spot in north Alabama, I don't believe another duck, goose or anything else (migratory or local) with a feather has been killed this year on the property. Worse still, cell cams are showing beautiful images of prime habitat in perfect condition, but there's not a bird in sight for months now. Unlike many years, I'm not dealing with flooding or drought or poor crop production, or beavers. The stars actually lined up perfectly in every facet........except for the most important element - waterfowl. I have confirmed with all surrounding landowners that they are experiencing the same thing. Really didn't need to call any of them as the sound of shotguns hasn't interrupted the morning stillness in weeks.

Worst season in decades, probably worst season in my lifetime, and it's not even close.

I keep holding out hope that the next weather front up north will finally push the birds down from where they are hung up in the migration, where the season has long since closed, and where plenty of food that they can access still exists. Just hasn't happened yet. Probably won't happen during the hunting season. And may not happen at all this year.

I thought this would make me feel better about the situation. You know, get it off my chest and off my mind. Not so much. Not so much.