They got bent over like Ving Rhames in Pulp Fiction in 1966, for sure.

Putting southern football 'on the map' doesn't mean anyone should claim 23 titles from specious presenters, though. I know the history of the name and fight song. None of that means anything other than sentimentality in relation to who won a title. Back then they were given out by multiple publications and sources, with no real, definitive and "only" source.

But it made for good propaganda for UA to pick up all those old mythical titles and the Alabama sports media at the time lapped it up, and so be it. Whether it's a dozen or 18 or 23, it's impressive and clearly inarguable from 1960 onward.

Also, I love watching the old games when they ran the wishbone and veer option. If I was a coach now, we'd have the wishbone and old Jax State "broken bone" incorporated into the game plan for special moments. The other team would call time out, but if they didn't I'd be surprised if they could defend the bone or option. Maybe the option, as it's sorta like RPO, but the end has to make a choice. Old school ball was fun.

Last edited by Clem; 01/13/21 03:09 PM.

"Hunting Politics are stupid!" - Farm Hunter

"Bible says you shouldn't put sugar in your cornbread." Dustin, 2013

"Best I can figure 97.365% of the general public is a paint chip eating, mouth breathing, certified dumbass." BCLC, 2020