Originally Posted by Todd1700
I’ll double down and say more than $250 is retarted or just dick measurements.

There is a point of diminishing returns with scopes but that cut off isn't at 250 dollars. For that price you can get a scope that will hold zero and maybe won't fog up on you. But you are not going to get good low light performance from a scope in that price range. Trust me I am no elitist scope snob. If there was a 250 dollar scope that was as good as any of the more expensive scopes out there I'd have one on every rifle I own and be damned glad to save the money. Back in my younger broke days I had scopes like Nikon Prostaffs and Bushnell Banner Dusk & Dawn. Sorry but they cannot hang with the Zeiss, Swarovski, and upper end Leupolds I use now.

I’m a cheap bastage and the most expensive scopes I have are my Nikon manarchs. I have buckmasters and prostaffs also. I also have a bushnell elite 3200, banner dusk to dawn, and a vortex diamondback. I killed the 2 bucks this season with a pro staff and the dusk to dawn. Not deer were on cloudy afternoons and within a minute or 2 of the end of “legal” shooting time. The 10pt I killed was with my AR 7.62x39 with the dusk to dawn scope. I could barely see movement with my eyes but could see him plenty good enough to tell he was a really good buck at a little over 100yds. I said all that to say that my cheats scopes will let me see deer later then I could “legally” shoot one. You know if the time on my watch was wrong by 10 mins or so.

It's hard to kiss the lips at night that chews your a$$ all day long.