Originally Posted by BhamFred
I was opposed to the three buck limit...

I sure as heck was opposed to it and argued against it on here constantly. Made a lot of folks mad at me, even though I tried to just be logical with my arguments and never personal. I couldn't have cared less about shooting 3 bucks, but I saw it as the beginning of the end of the historic Alabama system of game management. It was, and I think everyone can see that now.

Reducing the turkey limit has nothing to do with "saving" gobblers. It is entirely about money and politics. I remember that one of the guys on the deer study committee said it was a "good first step" when the buck limit was passed. The turkey limit will be about step number 5, but don't think for a second that it will be the last one; they are just getting started.

Just wait until you see what the now entirely Democratic controlled federal government has in store for hunters. As the states around us fall into line, don't doubt that AL will too. If you care about this, write or call the CAB right now. The 13 people on that board have the power to stop it, and I know that a lot of them don't support it. They don't get many letters, so the few they do get make a difference. It puts them in a much stronger position if they can go to the next meeting and say that they have a bunch of letters asking for no more changes to turkey season.

A letter can make a difference. Storming the Capitol doesn't work.

Last edited by poorcountrypreacher; 01/08/21 09:25 AM.

All the labor of man is for his mouth, and yet the appetite is not filled.