Originally Posted by MS_Hunter
Originally Posted by Atoler
The article is wrong.

This is my secretary’s brother in law.

He went hunting before work yesterday morning. His boss called his wife after he missed a meeting around lunch. She called my secretary’s husband and they ran to the woods to check on him. Found him hanging from his harness. Cut him down and tried to revive him while waiting on the paramedics. They are thinking it may have been a stroke or heart attack, or possibly he fell and could not get back in the stand. Apparently he was in reasonably good shape, and no health conditions. Sad thing, two college age kids and a wife left behind.

Based on this, he could have had a heart attack and then fell from the stand. No matter what, terrible situation and prayers for his family. I hunt alone on public land and that's my biggest fear, something could happen and nobody could get to me in time. I text my wife where I'm going to be and I gave her the GW's number, my truck description and tag number. I also have the GW on speed dial.

All great ideas. I hunt public land too and text my wife the coordinates where I park and describe which direction and how far I plan to hunt from there. At home on the fridge is a topo map of my favorite spots and the GW phone number.

My backpack contains what's needed for an overnight stay in the woods and a trauma 1st aid kit...

"The price of anything is the amount of life you exchange for it." -- Henry Thoreau