I don’t disagree….Again, I don’t want to make it seem like I don’t understand the good things that can be achieved with fire…..Its more like we’re comparing race cars lets say……

Just in real simple anecdotal terms……I’ve been on a LOT of land around here tracking deer for folks and seen how folks manage and the results produced…..I’ve walked for miles and miles through it…….I can measure with my eyeballs and tell you with pretty good confidence that I’m producing WAY more yield of forage per sq/ft or sq/ac…..however you want to measure it….than any of the rest of it that’s being managed by fire. While my place here is just a small test area…..the principle and such are just the same……I’m producing a much more vibrant understory than the other properties I go on and I believe its due to how I’ve been managing the vegetation. This pic series was from 2017…….I’ve gotten even more sunlight to it now through hack n squirt…..but just look at the amount of vegetation being produced…..it the same area in all three pics like a before and after……Can we produce forage like this on a landscape scale? I don’t know about thousands of acres but I believe you could take a small property of acres in the hundreds and make it top notch…..and do much of it with cattle that made money..........My tractor was simply the cattle for this grazing......one big difference being that it cost money......fire has a cost......cattle can have an associated income

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Last edited by CNC; 12/07/20 11:38 AM.

We dont rent pigs