I was walking in before daylight one time and was walking past a downed hollow log and a damn huge bobcat went running out the other side about 8 feet from me. Scared the crap out of me. Also was bowhunting one evening and had a huge coyote come by too far for a shot on the edge of a big ag field. Got dark and I came down and started walking out across the field and the damn thing started howling and yipping and following me getting closer and closer. Heard another one yip off to one side. Had about a 500 yd. walk and he kept getting closer and closer. Yipping and barking the whole time. Got to the truck slung the door open and turned on healights and that sucker was about 40 yds behind me still coming. He ended up stopping and then ran off. Wonder if he would have attacked if I had a longer walk? Had a buddy wound a bobcat and it ran into some planted pines. He got down and was following blood trail in the dark up to the pines and when he got to the pines the bobcat had climbed one of the trees and it dropped on his back and then jumped off and ran off. Scared the crap out of him. He had blood on his coat shoulder to prove it cause I called bs on it. Also he ran out of the woods without his gun so I figured it really happened.