Originally Posted by johndeere5036

I’ve got one piece of property that I feel like has to many does on it. It’s getting to the point we don’t hardly ever have any bucks on camera or see any while hunting, nothing but does and when you sit and see 15-20 on a food plot and maybe one buck. There’s a great fawn crop but there’s these bigger groups of does like 6-8 running together that do not have any fawns and hog all the food is our problem. We have a lot of land around the house here that went from zero deer to over ran with deer. We went from having big bucks to small rack bucks. We started managing does around here and got our buck doe ratio better and our bucks got better. It was so bad around here when the rut came in you would hardly see any rut activity. The bucks didn’t have to chase the does the does went to the bucks. I think it’s area dependent but you can have to many does

Sounds to me like more of a buck problem than anything else. You ain’t gonna shoot yourself out of a problem that you (or someone else) shot yourself into. But you can certainly make the does scarcer.