Originally Posted by hawndog
Originally Posted by coldtrail
Originally Posted by hawndog
Originally Posted by FreeStateHunter
When man prayed to God for a deer rifle God provided the 270 because it’s perfect. Because man is imperfect and needed a second choice God created the 7-08 because it’s as close to perfect as you can get. There’s literally no other caliber that can compare to those two for whitetail deer hunting.

I bought a 270. Just would not put them down like the ol 06. Took the scope off of it after 2 seasons and about 8 deer. and went back to where I belong. Fine calib

er. Not for me.

Then you have an ammo or accuracy issue.

2 with Hornady Interlock. The rest with130 Gr Noslar Partitions Chronographed at 3200 through both lungs and heart. All but one, which dropped, ran anywhere from 50 to 100 yards, leaving very little if any blood. All dead deer, but I do not like to look for them especially with no blood. Two of those deer I did not find until the next day due to poor blood trail. The meat was ruined. All the numbers suggest that it should be the perfect deer caliber. My experience was less than desirable. You might be right, maybe a different bullet would help with this problem, but after loosing two deer I was done with it. What bullet do you shoot in the .270.

[Linked Image]

"And the days that I keep my gratitude
Higher than my expectations
Well, I have really good days" Ray Wylie Hubbard