My grandfather alway grew an old heirloom okra called Louisiana long horn which grows a pod that grows to about 16-18inches long and stays tender way longer then any variety I’ve planted the last couple years. . He alway kept his own seed and would keep it in the freezer. About 5 years ago the freezer went out and the seeds got thrown out with all the other stuff. So we had lost that line of okra seeds. In the early spring I was talking to one of my cousins and was telling her about losing the seeds. Her husband heard us talking and told me he still had a few seeds he had gotten from my grandfather but didn’t know if they were still good. He gave them to me and I was able to get around 25-30 plants to grow. I cut quite a bit of okra off the plants and been letting the pods go to seed. As they dry I pull the pods and remove the seeds. After 3 small pickings of dry pods I have filled a pint jar with the seed. The plants are still loaded with huge long pods that are going to go to seed. I should end up with enough seed to last a lifetime and give to a few friends. Heck I may even try to sell some. I’m so glad to be able to get this line of okra going again. [Linked Image]

Last edited by marshmud991; 09/16/20 07:49 PM.

It's hard to kiss the lips at night that chews your a$$ all day long.