Originally Posted By: D Wilborn
The bill was pretty simple. It is not a bill to make it legal to hunt over bait. It clarifies what constitutes baiting. Feed and/or mineral have to be at least 100 yards away and can not be in sight of where you are hunting. The 100 yard rule is easy to understand for most. The in line of sight has people confused. If you can shoot an animal at any distance when it puts it's head down to eat something you put out, it would be considered baiting and would be illegal. I don't know about most of you guys, but I'm about fed up with the government telling me what I can and can't do on my private property. Most people already manage their properties. As for the Senate, I wish they would spend more time trying to help people who have lost their homes and jobs. I could go on and on about how hypocritical most of the opponents of this bill are, but I've already spent too much time venting my opinion. The guys that I know, that are for this bill, are more about the quality of deer they manage, not how many they can kill. Call your local Senators and ask them to vote for more government or for less government.

More bills, more rules = more government. Baiting/feeding deer is already legal.

"After all, it is not the killing that brings satisfaction; it is the contest of skill and cunning. The true hunter counts his achievement in proportion to the effort involved and the fairness of the sport." Dr. Saxton Pope