Some things are just hard wired in a dog and people too….I struggled making a high energy lab into tracking dog. Some labs have a lot harder time throttling back and she only had two gears.... All that energy combine with some idle time led her astray. I was just focusing on trying to fix my house and I neglected her need for something to occupy her brain……. I suppose I can relate…..…..She tried hard to be a good tracking dog though. She was just too high strung for it naturally but she didn’t know the meaning of quit….…She would have made a world champion fetch player though…..if there was such a sport…..When she got a new ball she wouldn’t put it down and even slept with it in her mouth….If you didn’t throw it for her she started dropping at your feet again until you finally did…..

She’d even take on walks and drop it in front of you over and over as you walked… until you finally gave in…..When you threw it she would go after it with such intensity that I worried that she was gonna hurt herself….she’d be jittering. What I miss the most though is that she was nothing but pure joy and happiness and she exuded it so much that it would spill over onto you as well ….She didn’t just shake her tail….she jumped off all fours and wagged her whole body…… It took me some time to adjust but I know it happened for a reason and I’m at peace with that….I also have a lot more perspective on life in general now too. People may say its “just a dog” but the chit still hurts though to have that kind of priceless joy taken from you in an instant and in such an ugly way..... I reckon that’s all I got to say about that……

Let’s go track some deer!!!!!

[Linked Image]

Last edited by CNC; 09/05/20 12:40 AM.

We dont rent pigs