Ants and roaches are eating everything that I put out. It's a cycle, I have to rebait at least every 2 weeks. My coon trapping skills need lotsa work. Rubber bait is the only thing that doesn't succumb to mold or insects. See: DP Trigger Tubes I've only caught a few coons in the past couple of months around 100 acres of corn. I've tried Fruit Loops, Mini Marshmallows, Catfish pellets with Coon Collector, MB Moonshine, Elk River Black Gold and Kat Fat, Fish Oil, Tuna, and DP Trigger Tubes. I use Z-traps DP trap caps to keep the rain and possums out.

The coon have been flushing out of the corn fields when I do my trapline checks. I set where I see them run into the hedgerow, but this only worked for 1 catch. I've seen 4 others that are trap smart or just not hungry. My next method is to use Burger Kings to attract them, then set on the BK/Coon feeder. It's like a gravity deer feeder, it's just a 5 gallon container on the ground with coon sized PVC pipe access to the feed. Until the corn gets harvested, I may have trouble getting their interest. Same goes with my gravity deer feeder setup, until the soybean and corn are brought in those deer have a different menu they prefer.

[Linked Image]
Caught 6/6/20

[Linked Image]
Caught 7/6/20

Not Pictured
Caught 8/6/20

Gun Owners of America - GunOwners.org
National Trappers Association - NationalTrappers.com
Alabama Trappers and Predator Control Association - ATPCA.org

Fight and stand together or lose the God-given right to hunt, trap, and shoot