Originally Posted by Pollwoll
Just now, while checking the short lines on 2 x 50 acre parcels, I came across 3 fawns. They were browsing for the coon attractant that I threw around to get some raccoons into my dog proof coon traps. It is catfish pellets sprayed with Coon Collector/Anise.

It's great seeing the results of your work when you get a moment to reflect on what you've done. When you are in nature, you can find coyotes or fawns. If you see coyote, you likely won't see any fawns. And, that is natural selection at work before you. Since I removed nearly a dozen coyote in the past 9 months, these fawns had the chance to enjoy a little coon bait. I went ahead and poured 5 lbs of sweet feed on top of my DP's in case they come back to the same spot. It might make a good Burger King for the coons, if not.

[Linked Image]

Are ants fond of the catfish bait? Coons are showing up on my place like crazy. take 2 off, four more show up... Now I can't keep the ants out of the traps.
We've caught 27 coons and 5 possums this year since Mid April, can't tell it at the feeders...aggravating.

Last edited by SharpSpur; 08/24/20 03:44 PM.