Originally Posted by Squadron77
Shana, I understand your frustration with this but there are enough outlaws out there to cause grief for the honest hunters and processors. I also understand the state wanting better harvest #s for management. I would guess most processors are never as busy as you on your slowest day. You can setup a computer for the customers without the smartphone to Game Check their harvest when they get there. It would take 2-3 minutes with their hunting license or CID#. It's not convenient for you but at least you won't loose the business. Also your regular customers that are planning to bring their deer to you can email you the confirmation # when they Game Check their deer in the field and you can have their paperwork waiting when they get there. I hope I don't come off as not caring but it's just the businessman in me trying to work around problems.

I appreciate you! I am working on something like this. there are several customers though that still wouldn't know how to use the computer, lol. Point being (and I know you understand it) is that it forces me to either 1) Do the clerical and enforcement jobs of theirs or 2) lose clients or 3) risk violations. It is a poorly thought up system. A more proper way to handle it would be to print waterproof tags and issue those to each hunter...3 buck and unlimited doe tags per season. ADCNR says the tags are too expensive.

I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing. --John 15:5