Originally Posted by 2Dogs
Originally Posted by Dkhargroves

When painting a new construction, you have to prime walls and ceilinngs, caulk EVERYTHING , sand a lot, paint walls two coats , ceilings two coats, paint trim from scratch two coats. Existing home may not need any caulk, and sanding, may not need ceilings painted, walls only and maybe trim one trim coat, unless changing colors. I'd say there's more involved in a new one ……….if it's done right.

You are correct. I've got several quotes out now and I remodel for a living. Don't care to paint but will if the job and proce is right[/quote]

My father was a high end builder for many years. He always said people want to paint there new house to save $. They think they can paint , BIL or buddy gonna help. He said they have it all wrong , hire a high end painter , they make everyone else's work look better and the DIY makes a mess out of it.

I can repaint with the best of the DIYers , I have enough sense not to take on a new construction.
[/quote]
Totally agree. I can build most anything and I can fix most anything, but painting, trim and cabinets are something I just ain't gonna do.

My opinions and comments are my own. They do not reflect the position or political opinions of Aldeer or any of the Aldeer administration.