Originally Posted by Ben2
Took the kids to get a snow cone at a local ice cream shop. Walked in past 2 people eating and chatting at a table with no masks in sight (guess they had already removed them). Should have known I was in trouble when they had a flowery little sign that said no mask on your face spreading your germs all over the place. Got to the counter and the lady said put your masks on I replied with we dont have masks the horror on her face was priceless. The I assume husband then said it is a law you must wear a mask. To which I replied it is not a law. He said you can be fined $500 to which I replied I understand but that still does not make it a law. They then said they could not serve is so I said that is fine but dont tell me something is a law when its not. We walked back past the unmasked ice cream eater/chatters on the way out which again made me think people are nuts. Either close down dine completely and require everyone to wear masks to enter the store to pick up food or dont require masks. This whole wear em to enter and order then remove them is nuts to me. Its their business and I sure they are doing what they think is right so I understood the situation.

Handled it correctly and well in my opinion.

Lord, please help us get our nation straightened out.