Since last Friday I've been all over several states, some with mask orders and some with just local ordinances. I've not worn one anywhere and haven't had anyone say anything to me or anyone else not wearing one. I was in Helen Ga (no ordinance) for 3 days and very few people were wearing mask and most seemed unconcerned with social distancing. I came back through Chatanooga with signs up everywhere about mandatory mask. I went in 2 gas stations and a restaurant and not a word was said and less than a third of the customers were wearing mask. I just stopped by a Pilot station in Kentucky where the Governor has issued mandatory mask orders and only 2 people out of the dozen or so customers were wearing mask and the workers were pleasant and didn't seem to mind at all.. A week ago I was in Montgomery Al and was working on a customer's credit card machine (with no mask) and a Sheriff Deputy (black guy) came in with no mask. We exchanged small talk and nothing was mentioned about a mask. I'm starting to think the government might have picked the wrong battle and that many people have had all the government over reach they are gonna take. I know there are plenty of mask police around but maybe they are starting to realize they aren't in control and that it might be to the detriment of their own health to try forcing their own beliefs on other free people.

"Political debate: when charlatans come together to discuss their principles"
-
Bauvard