Originally Posted by Ryano
Originally Posted by MC21
Because the mask doesn’t prevent you from getting it. It’s to help prevent you from spreading it. When taking care of Covid patients were supposed to completely suite up with n95, gowns, gloves, face shield, hair shield etc. the surgical mask is worn in patients rooms who we suspect don’t have Covid and as stated above that’s not always the case.

I understand the n95. I am mask dumb but I know the n95 was used prior to this crap by first responders. If I was direct contact with someone with a transferable illness, I would want one. I don't uh understand the other masks especially the makeshift masks that folks are using and most likely not washing daily. It's kinda like putting the same pair of underwear on and thinking your pants will smell clean on day 5. Reckon we can roundup the socks from the bell font tower poacher and make us a mask?

I agree with you about the home made mask not being as effective as the surgical mask. My other post explained the reasoning behind the surgical mask. It’s so the particles they are breathing out does not travel as far.

Last edited by MC21; 07/16/20 10:31 PM.