As I stated in another Covid thread, my brother and sister and 13 other people shared a large vacation house for a weekend and all of them except one got COVID and all had fever and other symptoms. The one that didn't get it had already recovered from it earlier this year. Only one of them reported loss of smell and taste. One female in her mid 80s and a COPD sufferer was hospitalized for pneumonia in both lungs but was out in a few days. All are starting to feel better but tired (just shy of 3 weeks from symptom onset) and are still testing positive. All say they were sicker than they have ever been. Best we can tell, my brother and his wife picked it up from their pastor at church on their first in person church service since all this started.

My brother was around my elderly (and 2 time cancer survivor) mother for less than an hour the day before he started showing symptoms. She did not contract it (Thank the Lord). I got tested 2 weeks after being around her every day since and I am negative.

From what I have found, there are 2 primary strains going around. One is more lethal and the other is more contageous. Last numbers I heard were that some 75% of new cases are the more contageous but less lethal strain.

No opinion here either way but these are the facts of the people I know that have had it.

Last edited by daylate; 07/10/20 12:20 PM.