Originally Posted by Squeaky
Originally Posted by Out back
During the summer months my deer get whatever mother nature provides.
They always prefer that anyway. Keep a desirable habitat and they will come.

Mark I’m satisfied with my quality of browse on the club due to the prescribe burn program our timber company offers. It’s definitely a huge advantage in growing quality deer. Honestly our budget doesn’t allow for us to feed full scale like a south Texas ranch. We budget in a little extra money to feed small scale throughout the year. We also plant clover plots which offer some great nutrition. I’m of the opinion if I’m going to spend money on feed I’d like for it to check all the boxes.

At my house I maintain a 2 acre clover/chicory plot 365 days a year on top of a summer plot of beans/peas, sun hemp and sun flowers. I also keep a protein feeder full 365 days a year. It’s just something I enjoy doing and really like seeing them grow.

I have a perennial clover plot behind my house. Also have a big cut over, with a big creek and pond, and a peach orchard. I try to keep a rotating area of heavy cover, browse and water available.

My opinions and comments are my own. They do not reflect the position or political opinions of Aldeer or any of the Aldeer administration.