It’s not all just about getting messed up and catching a buzz……or needing to escape reality, etc……We’re all internally wired a little different from each other. The group of folks I was referring to last night could easily be compared to a Lab. They're often times intelligent people with high energy and drive…..and just like with the Lab……that natural drive and energy is gonna manifest itself in some way. It has the potential to be epic disaster or epic success just depending on how its handled…..there isn’t the option though of just turning it off. Its all good if you have something constructive to focus that energy on day in and day out but that’s not always possible and even still…..sometimes you just want to be able to enjoy not doing chit for a moment like everyone else is able to do. Its hard for people to understand who aren’t made this way. They have the ability to just sit and doing nothing and being perfectly fine with it….bask in the enjoyment of it even. They have an “idle” setting that their motor can be switched to with ease. I and many other don’t have this idle setting…..Its simply “on” and “off”……My brain is running wide open and thinking about some insignificant something even when I’m just brushing my teeth at night….I was thinking about that last night while I was brushing my teeth!!.....The only way I can “idle” without it being like torment is through something like pot or alcohol. Without it my idle is more like an engine revving up over and over and over……This results in things like anxiety, etc when forced into a situation where theres no other choice but to do so…I’m pretty sure that if I were ever put in solitary confinement for a prolonged period like folks have happen in prison that I’d probably eventually go certifiably insane. One of the worst situations for me personally are social events where the whole purpose is to gather up with friends and not do chit together….This is an enjoyable thing for most people but its torture for me without something like beer or pot to help put me in “idle” and even still it just gives me a really restless, anxious feeling. Without a little mild sedation, I’d probably be peeling the paint off the walls before it was over.

With all that being said….I actually don’t even smoke that much weed these days but don’t think twice about it if I do want to. There’s been times though when that Lab was put on chain in a small yard and needed it just to stay sane and not chew holes through the floor of the house or something. I try to keep something positive going to focus my energy toward like working on the house or land, etc…and when I’m not doing that I chit chat about deer. I think the best thing for these folks like I described to Jwalker is having something positive to direct that energy into…..without it these folks can be as someone described a lab…..a destructive force of nature.

Last edited by CNC; 07/05/20 10:15 AM.

We dont rent pigs