Originally Posted by Irishguy
I think Cannabis should have been legal a long time ago. If Alcohol is legal then Cannabis should be too.

I'm pretty much a Libertarian when it comes to most issues in that I feel that people should have the right to do pretty much anything they want as long as it doesn't affect other's rights to do the same or affect them negatively. Somebody smoking pot does not affect me, unless they are driving or working under the influence, and that's where the line is crossed and the government (Law enforcement) steps in and makes a law and enforces it. But if you want to smoke a doob on your back deck... Go for it.

As I stated earlier, the same could be said for all controled substances. Maybe the reasoning should be if pot is illegal then alcohol should be too. Reckon why people use that reasoning to add something else that will take lives and cause damage to society instead of to take away something that is killing people. Alcohol has killed more people than Hitler and made more people sick than about any other chemical on earth. I know the answer to the question: I like the way it makes me feel and the way I feel right now is more important than the harm it might do tomorrow. Same thing thats been killing people for thousands of years.

Last edited by jwalker77; 07/05/20 07:49 AM.