Originally Posted by hoggin
Originally Posted by jawbone
Tasers were single use devices when I was still working and they have to have another cartridge put in it before it can be used again. This info would appear to be bad news for the officer that fired his duty weapon on the deceased but do we know that he was aware of the first officer deploying his taser already?

This would be an interesting case to follow if the fix didn’t appear to already be in, not in the officer’s favor.

To answer some of y’all’s remarks. I would not go into LE right now, but if I was already in it, I would not quit either and abandon my fellow officers and let the criminals win without a fight.

Who’s to say the officer who fired knew it was the taser and not the duty weapon of the other officer the idiot got control of

It’s not a fight, it’s kinda like riding with Custer chasing Indians, ain’t no help coming and the committed can’t win!

Excellent point hoggin. If they try to prosecute the officer it will be hard to legitimately show beyond a reasonable doubt that he knew it was a taser and not a pistol the guy pointed at him.

Lord, please help us get our nation straightened out.