Originally Posted by jawbone
Originally Posted by hoggin
Originally Posted by jawbone
Once again, it does not matter where you are or what the circumstances are, if someone makes you feel as if you or another person's safety is in jeopardy, and you fear for your life or the life of another person, the use of deadly force is justifiable. You had better be able to articulate or explain, why you felt your life or another's life was in jeopardy. In your house, in your driveway, at McDonalds, or in church. The law is the same.

Before the Castle law there was a provision that if you had the opportunity to retreat and did not then self-defense did not apply. Now you don't have to retreat but you still have to feel that you or another's life is in jeopardy.

That is it in a simple version. No need to complicate it.

YOU should not attempt to articulate anything. You’re attorney should handle that.
The answer to any question prior to speaking to your attorney is “ I thought he/she/they were gonna kill me/them. It’s the lawyers job to sell/tell the story.

good point. I should have said that you be able to articulate the events to your attorney and don't lie because you may have to repeat it to people very skilled at getting to the truth. Now certainly, if your lawyer thinks you are lying he's not going to let you testify but he can't tell your version for you if it is needed.

This is why I always carry a gun and a phone.

If I'm ever forced to use my gun, next thing I'm doing is calling my attorney.

Dying ain't much of a living boy...Josey Wales

Molon Labe