Originally Posted by bamaeyedoc
Originally Posted by Hevishot13
Well I just did what I was thinking out loud in my original post. I killed four birds with an ear plug in my right ear. I waiting until the birds were just out of sight, and once when he was within sight, then I slid the ear plug in my ear. Worked just fine. I did miss one time because I was too worried about the ear plug and didn’t see the hen beside me, which spooked and spooked the longbeard. I missed him on the run. Wound up killing my limit but still I don’t like missing. It’ll be a learning curve getting used to fooling with an ear plug but all in all it all worked out. And I can still hear out of my right ear 👍🏻

Do u shoot right handed? If so, u should put the plug in your LEFT ear. It’s less protected than your right side. At least that’s what an audiologist told me. Her experience with shooters was that most suffered more hearing loss on the opposite side from where they shot. I can attest to that. I haven’t had a hearing test in a while but I know my left ear isn’t anywhere close to as good as my right and I’m a right handed shooter.

Dr. B

No I’m left handed Doc