Originally Posted by Clem
Originally Posted by G/H
We had 10 guys fishing the last weekend of March 26-28 at Lake Martin and got 565 spots on mostly shakey head's. Guy that I been going fishing with wouldn't fish with them till proved to him how good they work

I've been with guys who say stupid chit like "I'd rather not catch anything than use that" or "I ain't fishing no fairy worm."

I don't get that. You'd rather zero than catch fish? How f'king stupid is that? It's just a worm and different presentation.

I don't care for a Carolina rig. But if it works, I'll throw it.

Honestly Clem, sometimes I will intentionally fish a certain bait while knowing that I could be throwing something else and getting more bites. Sometimes, I just want to see one blow up on a topwater or roll up on a big waking swimbait. I might could catch way more on a soft plastic or jerkbait but if I decide I want to see some hit a topwater that morning, that's what I am going to throw. I've caught so many bass in my lifetime that I'm not mad at them anymore and I dont have to catch a limit just to prove I'm a skilled fisherman or that I can do it. I guess just knowing that I can catch them whenever I want and having been blessed with a ton of time on the water, makes it not as important to me. I've had this same conversation with my son. He'll be wearing them out on something and I'll be throwing something completely different just because I want to see if I can make them eat it. He'll say "man dad, I'm reallly spanking you this morning, you need to switch baits and I just laugh and tell him that I'm throwing what I want them to eat and what I want to catch them on. If he gets too mouthy or cocky about it, I'll put it down and catch 4 or 5 real quick just to prove a point, then go back to fishing whatever it was I wanted to make them hit.

Last edited by abolt300; 05/15/20 11:07 AM.