Originally Posted by M48scout
I guess that’s the question. If he didn’t have stolen property in his hands, and he didn’t break and enter, what felony did they perceive? I’m not a lawyer or exactly familiar with what constitutes a felony, but walking around in a house under construction then running off, doesn’t seem to scream “get the guns boys lets roll”.

That is Trespassing (a misdemeanor) unless somehow they can show he had the intent to commit a crime while in the house, then as someone pointed out it becomes Burglary. I saw the video of him in the house looking around is not going to show intent. Now common sense might say he was looking for something to steal, but common sense does not rise to the level of beyond a reasonable doubt. Like Clem said earlier, it is certainly possible that he just wanted to see what the floor plan of the house was going to look like.

Those guys are in trouble as they should be. A guy I worked with for years here in Selma, when commenting on another case here, said " When people try to be vigilantes, it is usually them, the vigilantes, that end up in trouble. Best to just get all the details you can and call the law. That is what they are paid the big bucks for."

Lord, please help us get our nation straightened out.