Originally Posted by Squadron77
Originally Posted by Geno
Originally Posted by Bassfisher21
Originally Posted by Geno
Covid deaths to date = 129,951
Flu deaths in a bad season, same time frame = 242,216

I'm here, just not very often.

Most people that die from the flu live in very bad countries and are in poverty and can't get medical help. We have a vaccine for the flu and it is only around a lot for 3-4 months. There is no cure for Covid and there isn't a season for it, anyone can die for it. There have already been 27k+ deaths in the US and the first death we had was a little over a month ago.

Flu is diagnosed in every month of the year. 61 thousand people in the united states died from flu in the 2017-2018 season. The mortality rate ran above 10 percent for a significant portion of the 12 month season.

From the CDC - "Nationally, mortality attributed to P&I exceeded 10.0% for four consecutive weeks, peaking at 10.8% during the week ending January 20, 2018."

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/burden/2017-2018.htm

45% of adults got the flu vaccine and we still had 61K die. How many would have died without the vaccine?

I don't know. Is this a trick question?!? My crystal ball is in the shop getting a new quantum modulator. I'll have to get back to you when it's up and running.

Whoever is happy will make others happy too. Anne Frank