Originally Posted by ronfromramer
Originally Posted by abolt300
Originally Posted by ronfromramer
Originally Posted by Geno
Covid deaths to date = 129,951
Flu deaths in a bad season, same time frame = 242,216

I'm here, just not very often.

Nice try, but that's fuzzy math. A normal flu season is normally at least 4 or 5 months, this thing only took in the US less than 6 wks ago, only time will tell what the totals will after 5 or 6 months. As soon as the restrictions are lifted there will be another wave, hopefully lower numbers.

That’s one of the dumbest posts I’ve seen. We had our first case in January and most docs are now saying that it was here in Dec we just didn’t have the proof because we didn’t have the tests to prove it. It’s been here for 4 months. Mid December to mid April. 4!

Everyone is entitled to an opinion, even an unreasonable one. Going from first case to last case, flu season just about never ends.
This helps me understand confirmation bias

People’s lack of understanding of basic statistical analysis and comparisons made using statistical data, as well as comments lacking basic research or credibility with regard to documented facts, never ceases to amaze me. Geno is quoting worldwide stats. Are you denying that China did not have massive numbers of Covid deaths in the december timeframe or as many suspect, even before then? The only thing questionable in what Geno has presented is how much was China lying about the number of deaths and how much inflation is being baked into the US death totals. If you want to question that, then I’m 100% behind you. No offense, But saying that Covid has only been around worldwide for 6 weeks shows nothing but ignorance of the well published and well documented facts.