Originally Posted by Booger
Why was South Korea not over run? I’ll tell you why. Because when the officials told the people to practice social distancing and to stay at home, the people obeyed. They listened. Compare that to Italy, Spain, France, NYC, New Orleans, and the UK. I can’t believe that some people watch the scenes of the ICU’s over run with patients where there are major out breaks and continue to say it’s a hoax. Denial aint a river.

South Koreans did those things, yes. Definitely appears to have helped them mitigate their cases, unlke the northeast U.S. and other sites you mentioned.

To be fair, though, their culture is long steeped in obedience, harmony, respect for their elders-family-authority, doing what they believe is right for the greater good, and knowing they'll suffer consequences of family dishonor for not doing those things. They see disobedience as a personal fault and grave family disgrace to current family members and ancestors. To add to that, they go along with the civil authorities at risk of whatever penalties might be imposed.

"Hunting Politics are stupid!" - Farm Hunter

"Bible says you shouldn't put sugar in your cornbread." Dustin, 2013

"Best I can figure 97.365% of the general public is a paint chip eating, mouth breathing, certified dumbass." BCLC, 2020