Took my son hoping to get him one. Fooled with 2 for a while. Headed back to camp and got two to answer not 100 yards from my camper. We got set up and got them gobbling pretty good. I had Coleman set up on my left side thinking they would follow the ridge to his side. After about 10 minutes of calling, Coleman spotted them coming up the ridge at about 80 yards. When they got to about 60 I clicked his safety off and told him to wait. The birds then went out of sight in a little dip. A second later, I spot them slipping g to our right at 50 yards. They get to 40 yards and I tell him to shoot one when he seed one. They keep slipping g right on us and I tell Coleman to slide my way so he can get a shot. It was then that the trail bird figured out something wasn’t right. I told Coleman to shoot, but he couldn’t see them. They had gotten behind a big oak on him. I told him they were about to leave and he told me to shoot. I asked if he was sure and he yelled “yes”. When he did their heads went straight up, so I pounded this ones head. When I shot, Coleman jumped up and had his boot on his head before I knew it. Thing I was most proud of is that when I looked down at his gun, he had automatically put his safety back on.

10 3/8” Bears
1” Spurs
18 Pounds

[Linked Image]