Originally Posted by RareBreed
Originally Posted by Phil_Army
Originally Posted by bama1971
Originally Posted by Irishguy
I basically only watch college football as well.

I have realized during this whole thing that I really don't miss commercialized/professional sports at all.

I wonder how many other people will realize the same thing.

It is interesting in our society how professional athletes and actors are paid so highly to perform a service that we really don't need, where as plumbers, electricians, grocers, truck drivers, teachers, etc... sometimes are barely paid a living wage.

Maybe the masses of people will wake up one day, but I'm not holding out hope.

plumbers, electricians, grocers, truck drivers, teachers are paid just like athletes, based on the revenue they produce

There's also supply and demand. A lot more people can fix a toilet than can run a 4.40 40 yard dash and throw a football 60 yards

I’m not so sure anymore. Also, those jobs are a necessity where sports jobs are just a luxury. We’ll see how the economy is after this is all said and done. If it tanks the plumber will still have a job, the 4.4 forty guy with a cannon arm may not.

I think what Phil's saying is that if Truckers and Grocers started getting paid higher the supply of those workers would increase dramatically because its a learned skill that frankly isn't anything but effort on anyone's part. Running a 4.40/ 40 yard dash can't be done with just effort alone, God's got to give you something special to be able to do that.

Last edited by FreeStateHunter; 03/30/20 08:38 AM.