My personal story;

I had symptoms last week, fought through it and went away. Never got tested. Kept to myself for a few days after fever was gone.

My 16 week pregnant wife became ill with either a stomach bug, or food poisoning this Wednesday afternoon. She puked all night Wednesday and Thursday morning reached a point of dehydration where we had no option except to take her to the ER. They triaged her in parking lot, took her in and gave her an IV. The blood test revealed elevated white blood cell counts so they did an MRI. MRI revealed appendicitis. They couldn’t do surgery that day because of blood thinners she is on for previous pregnancy issues. The morphine wasn’t enough to slow down the pain, so they were forced to do surgery anyway. In surgery they learned that the appendix was ruptured, they sedated her and put her on a port to drain what fluid they couldn’t get out in surgery.

All the while, no visitors in hospital, so she is alone and I have only FaceTimed with her.

The baby vitals are still okay, and we are still hopeful

She has now developed a fever, which we are concerned about

I know a lot of people think this whole thing is a joke, but it is not, to a lot of people