Originally Posted by Parker243
Got started extra early to setup on a spot I had been messing with birds the last two days. I got to my gate on public land at 4:35 and nobody was there. I got back to my setup spot and was situated and in my lounger at 5:15. I just sit back and start to relax until gobbling time. About 6-6:10 I hear a damn hunter hoot right behind me and couldn’t believe it. He then goes on to yelp before fly down and no bird has gobbled. I honestly have no idea what to do because I’ve never had many run ins with people on public land, but I also would never park at a gate that someone was already at and had already walked in. They ease on off down a gas line, never knowing I was there and I walk back to the truck pissed. Turns out it’s a damn truck from Indiana. I got to this spot at 4:15 on opening morning and someone was there, so I moved on elsewhere. Frustrating man!!

Not looking forward to what's gonna be happening on the WMA's soon. I've hunted public once so far this year and did some riding around to see what kinda pressure the places I hang around during bow season were getting...first car I see is from New York. Hell of a drive to come down here for some turks. And I betcha they ain't going anywhere for a while.