Originally Posted by FreeStateHunter
I’m not sure if you could classify them as an overreaction yet could you? Or even at all. From what my simple mind understands it was a novel virus, meaning from animals, so we had no idea how it would react or mutate or anything. If someone in the medical field built a model they’re going to be on the conservative side for safety reasons, to avoid inherent risks. They can’t decide for a government how they react to that model. The model and the government’s reaction to the model are mutually exclusive.

I do think that once this virus started affecting the economy the Democrats saw it as a way to somehow help their chances for re-election but I don’t think the information was being rolled out in the beginning intentionally sensationalized from the medical professionals, I believe they were just preparing for the worst while hoping for the best.

Did you read the numbers? They have adjusted the numbers down from the ridiculous 500,000 estimate to 20,000. So 480,000 less than originally thought. Why would anyone trust anything they put out after that?

"Political debate: when charlatans come together to discuss their principles"
-
Bauvard