My grandfather has seen those lights navigating through the trees numerous times. I remember him talking to me about it as a young teen and not thinking much about it until the last few years. I began to ask his neighbors that hunt the same area up in New Market. A lot of them have seen these lights.

One group of old timers had the whole forest light up. I guess it was a meteor, i never thought of that. But we cant explain those lights that so many have seen within a 5 mile area. I have seen lights but it could have been explained i guess. I brushed it off.

I have seen a few weird things. Me and another saw a ghost on Green Mountain. He stood on the side of the road staring at us. I later picked him out in a Grissom High School year book. It was Patrick Popel. His dad had killed him. Cops found his body not far from where we saw the ghost. I told a friend what we saw. He showed a year book to me. Out of about 80 pictures of different people i instantly picked Patrick Popels face out. I know for a fact thats who we saw that evening. No doubt about that.

In 2015 i was hunting some land off Hobbs Island Rd. I sat in my climber a good hour before light. The ground was heavily frosted. As it got light i noticed 2 huge logs had just been rolled over. 3 men couldnt roll these logs by hand. They were about 40ft long and a good 2ft thick or more. I could see the impression in the ground where they laid. They had been rolled over just moments or hours before i arrived. Frost was heavy but not heavy enough to see tracks. I guess it was a bear. The same area i kept seeing stick structures that year and the year before. I honestly thought peo people were messing with hunters because this was when Les Stroud kept talking about bigfoot on tv and stick structures.

I have 2 more stories. I dont feel like typing them so im gonna make it short. I was hunting Bankhead in 2015. I wasnt into bigfoot back then. I chose a new area. The most remote area i could find. No one was parked around me for miles. I made sure. There were no roads to run into. Midday. I start walking from my truck and get about 400 yards into the woods. Mind you im already 3 miles into the actual woods. But im 400 yards away from truck stalk hunting. Out of no where this fear hits me. Like doom feeling, dred and danger. I have never felt this before. I kept going. The further i got the more my instincts told me to turn back. I stopped and tried to shake it off. I kept telling myself its in my head. I pushed on. It started feeling like im being watched and my entire body was screaming to turn back. I refused to give in. As i slowly walked, i heard this jibberish on my left side about 30yds into the thick stuff. I heard it and stopped. It was so damn loud. I thought it was 2 men argueing at first. Then i chalked it up as me hearing things and kept going. About 20yds later i heard it again. About 20yds again i hear it. Thats 3 times. Each time i froze and listened. It would stop a few seconds after i froze. After the 3rd time i finally decided to listen to my insticts and turned back. Felt like someone was staring at me. I watched my back as i left. I had gotten a good half mile away from truck. It took everything in me to get back to my truck. I was physically drained. I had to go home. I was dumb fpunded on what i heard. It sounded like 2 chinese men argueing through a loud speaker. It was weird. 3yrs later im bored at work. I started listening to Sasquatch Chronicles and heard the Sierra Sounds. Thats exactly what i heard that day. I was in shock. I looked up bigfoot reports in Bankhead just to see. Low and behold there are 2 reports in that same area where i was. Out of 200k acres and 3 counties, why are the only reports within 3 miles of where i heard that jibberish. I dont know what to think. Im gonna get a friend a go back there one day and snoop around. I damn sure aint going alone. I never thought id believe in bigfoot but wait til you experience things you cant explain. Its a mystery to me now.

A few weeks ago my grandfathers friend was talking to me. I have known this man my entire life. He does taxidermy as his main income. He told me that in 1998 he and his friend saw a bigfoot on Lewis Mountain in New Market. His friend saw it again 3 months later. They quit hunting that mountain due to fear. When a family member tells you something like that, i have to believe him.