I thought wolves were the dominant predator and took over areas where they overlapped with yotes?? I may be pulling that one out of my arse but I thought I remembered something to that effect.I bet you there is some simplistic way of diverting coyotes off of your road system. Its gonna likely have to be something that’s spaced every few hundred yards or so to keep being an impediment ….but if we could ever figure out how I really believe it would be a game changer for a property that is seeing lots of coyotes due to their roads being so heavily used.

What about something emitting a sound at a certain frequency that the yotes didn’t like? Or something that could be spread across the road that would mess with their nose and prevent them from being able to hunt the road effectively? I had prison guard I tracked for tell me that he was in charge of the hounds they used to man track escapees and that the railroad tracks was the worst place to try and follow someone with dog because the creosote “burnt their nose up” whatever that means……The idea behind it though could be used possibly. I wonder if the state would mind if I trapped a few and penned them up to conduct some studies?? grin

Last edited by CNC; 03/05/20 09:08 PM.

We dont rent pigs